Here is the recipe that I used for the paleo brownie cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Again, the brownie recipe is from BakerGal and the frosting is Elana’s Pantry. The below recipes include the changes that I made. The brownies had great flavor but were a little too dense for us. I think that I will add 1 more egg next time and bake them in a pan next time instead of cupcake liners. The frosting was extremely rich (great for chocolate lovers) and had a consistency more like a ganache. I’m still pondering what to do with this one?
1 cup raw light agave syrup
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup almond butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Gently heat agave syrup over stove, DO NOT boil. Stir in cocoa powder until smooth and remove from heat.
2. Whisk 1 egg with vanilla and baking powder in a seperate bowl.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients, except salt, until thoroughly mixed.
4. Sprinkle salt and fold into batter.
Bake at 325 degrees. I did 25 minutes, if I do cupcakes again I will do 23, if I put them in a pan around 30. This reciped only yielded 6 cupcakes, if baking in a pan I would recommend a 9×9.
Chocolate Frosting (ganache)
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp vanilla
dash of sea salt
2-3 tbsp Coconut milk
1. Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small sauce pan over the stove. Heat slowly and DO NOT boil!
2. Stir in vanilla and salt.
3. Remove from heat and transfer to a medium sized bowl. Refridgerate for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
4. Reove from refridgerator and whip with a hand mixer while adding coconut milk.
The recipe I was following stated that the miture would become thick and fluffy from beating. I could not get it to, I’m thinking I may have left it in the refridgerator too long though.
All in all I was pleased with the outcome!